09 June 2013

Sunday the ninth

T-minus 1 hours until meeting with students. I have the honor of leading some sort of icebreaker. I have a terrible head-and-stomach-ache, and it is NOT from nerves. I spend some of the extra rations money on energy chews, and accidentally ate two packages today. The caffeinated ones. Ouch. So far, everything fits inside my backpack. Read book, created class notes, started to clean my room, packed pack, sanded spoon, sorted paperwork. In the next twenty four hours I am going to be teaching: feminine hygiene, tent sent up, pooping, and community values. Quite a range.


A proper community, we should remember also, is a commonwealth: a place, a resource, an economy. It answers the needs, practical as well as social and spiritual, of its members - among them the need to need one another.  ― Wendell Berry

No comments: